Area B: Quantum cooperativity of collective degrees of freedom
Summary of the area
Area B aims at characterizing quantum cooperative dynamics of the collective degrees of freedom in mesoscopic systems. The aim is to push the limits of quantum cooperativity to the mesoscopic scale. The five projects conforming this area utilize different collective excitations across a wide range of different parameters. They include the dynamics of optomechanical collective modes of cold atomic ensembles, the properties of transport in crystals of trapped ions and in the presence of quantum defects, the controlled interaction of light with mechanical or magnetic degrees of freedom in nanostructured and levitated solid state systems.
- B01 – Collective quantum dynamics of structural- and spin-defects in ion crystals
- B02 – Levitated ferrimagnetic particles in hollow-core photonic crystal fibres
- B03 – Point defects in silicon carbide: Towards a platform for the coupling of light, spin and mechanics
- B04 – Opto-mechanical lasing mechanisms in cold atoms
- B05 – Optomagnomechanical Arrays