Master’s Fellowship for Female Students
QuCoLiMa Master’s Fellowship for Female Students
Are you interested in quantum optics and/or condensed matter physics? Do you want to study many-body quantum systems, complex matter systems, quantum cooperativity and the many interesting questions at the intersections of these topics in more detail?
Are you an excellent prospective female Masters’ student and still need to figure out how to make this all work? How to best develop your scientific career in physics or chemistry? How to make contacts in your field of study and get to know other likeminded students and researchers? Would you like to be actively involved in research during your master’s degree?
Then we would like to hear from you and invite you to apply for the QuCoLiMa Master’s Fellowship for Female Students within the Collaborative Research Centre Transregio TRR 306 QuCoLiMa – Quantum Cooperativity of Light and Matter.
(click on the picture on the right for a poster)
1st June – for a start in the winter term
1st December – for a start in the summer term
Who we are
We are a collaborative research centre that explores the distinctive traits of quantum cooperativity within a large variety of quantum platforms at the intersection of quantum optics and condensed matter. We aim at understanding what is the interplay of quantum interference and entanglement in the collective response of many-body quantum systems interacting with light. We explore in particular the role of the quantum properties of radiation in establishing and mediating quantum cooperative phenomena in a variety of complex matter systems, entering the regime of many-body physics of quantum cooperative light-matter. To that aim, the universities
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU),
- Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (JGU), and
- Universität des Saarlandes Saarbrücken (UdS)
started the Collaborative Research Centre Transregio TRR 306 QuCoLiMa – Quantum Cooperativity of Light and Matter. Our research is funded by the DFG – Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation).
Who we are looking for
Excellent female applicants for a master’s degree in Physics or Chemistry or related* admitted for a start at one of the three universities above.
*Interested students of related degree programs may apply. The Diversity and Equality Committee of QuCoLiMa decides on a case-by-case basis which degree programs are admissible.
What you can expect
For the entirety of your Master’s program you will receive
- scientific mentoring by a professor involved in QuCoLiMa
- support by the female project leaders and female scientists involved in QuCoLiMa
- a chance to actively develop and conduct small personal research projects supervised by members of QuCoLiMa
- associate membership in the Integrated Research Training Group (RTG) of QuCoLiMa with access to all measures provided by the program, such as lab rotation internships, topical meetings and scientific events concerning the research of QuCoLiMa
- participation in the annual QuCoLiMa meetings including board and lodging
- During its initial 12-month-duration, the fellowship ensures one year of financial support consisting of 500 € per month as subsidy for living expenses (due to special visa regulations, a higher sum is possible in individual cases – please contact us)
- Following a positive evaluation and provided funds are available, an extension to 24 months is possible
Please note that double funding from public funds is not permitted, e.g., if you are already receiving a scholarship from another institution.
What we expect
For the entirety of your Master’s program we expect you to actively participate in QuCoLiMa’s meetings and events and the programs offered by the Research Training Group.