TRR 306 QuCoLiMa Master’s Fellowship for Female Students – Application now open
The Collaborative Research Centre Transregio (TRR) 306 QuCoLiMa – Quantum Cooperativity of Light and Matter invites female students for applying for a QuCoLiMa Master’s Fellowship. Eligible are female applicants for a master’s degree in Physics or Chemistry admitted for a start in winter semester 2021/22 at one of the three universities Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz or Saarland University Saarbrücken.
The fellowship aims to support excellent female students with an interest in the research topics of the TRR 306 QuCoLiMa. Holders will be able to establish close contacts with the involved researchers and projects of the TRR 306 and will get to know in detail its scientific topics.
The following support is offered by the fellowship:
- Financial support beginning with the start of WS 2021/22 (note that double funding from public funds is not permitted, e.g., in the case that you receive already a scholarship from elsewhere):
- 500€/month for international students over 12 months
- 300€/month for domestic students over 12 months
- A student assistant position can be arranged in the second year to ensure equivalent income
- The fellowship holder will further receive for the duration of the entire master’s program:
- Student associate membership in the Integrated Research Training School of the TRR 306 with access to all measures provided by the program
- Scientific mentoring by a professor involved in the TRR 306
- Participation in the annual TRR 306 meetings including boarding and lodging
The fellowship holder is expected to
- Participate in the TRR 306 meetings and programs offered by the Research Training Group
- Conduct at least one mini-project of four weeks in a research group involved in the TRR 306
- Eligible are excellent female applicants for a Master’s degree at the involved universities in a degree program with relevance to the TRR 306 starting in WS 2021/22.
- After screening of the candidates, a selection interview will take place and a TRR 306 panel will select the fellowship holder
- The following criteria are used to select the fellowship holder:
- Scientific excellence (as demonstrated by academic grades in the Bachelor’s program)
- Additional relevant qualifications and activities (additional studies, conference attendance, publications)
- TRR 306-specific expertise and motivation
How to apply?
Your application should contain a CV, all relevant certificates, a confirmation of enrolment in one of the master programs mentioned above, and a motivation letter (1 page) describing your interest in the scientific environment of the TRR 306 and your relevant expertise.
Please submit your application as one pdf file labelled with your First and Last name and a file size not exceeding 15MB using the header: “Application for TRR 306 QuCoLiMa Master’s Fellowship” via email to email@example.com until 01.09.2021 (main selection, decision by 15.09.2021) or 30.09.2021 (move-up selection; decision by 15.10.2021).
If required, the successful applicant will be issued with a letter of confirmation for presentation at the German embassy / consulate during the visa application process. This letter will be made available to the applicant electronically. If necessary, the TRR 306 administration can send this letter directly to the relevant embassy / consulate, quoting the visa processing number of the fellowship holder.
Link to PDF of the announcement: